NAS server problem

davomandavoman Member Posts: 16
I have installed the NAS server justing using the CRONUS database for learning but when I start the service I get this

The description for Event ID ( 109 ) in Source ( CRM-VPC-CLASSIC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).

anyone any ideas

Comments

• AdrianAkersAdrianAkers Member Posts: 137
    Have you setup the NAS to point at the correct service using the SnapIn? Is the user you are running the NAS service under setup as a user in the database with permissions?
  • davomandavoman Member Posts: 16
    its not an SQL database what do I have to do for the user. The service is using the network servervice at the moment, what do I need to do for the user of the NAV side
    Set the NAS service to run under a Windows Service Account and then enter that user in the Windows Logins in the database you are using through the NAV client. Then assign the Windows Login with Role SUPER and then try starting the service.

Also when starting the NAS you need to pass a StartUp parameter that is handled in Codeunit 1 in NAV. If you are using the Cronus database and demo license I am not too sure how far you will get...
    I've done the first part with the users

I have followed the NAS how to but I'm not sure about what I should be setting for the parameters and Codeunit thing
    Well that's the thing... There are some standard parameters that can be set but don't know if the demo license will do anything. We have our own custom startup parameters in our solution that calls a different codeunit...

You could try JOBQUEUE or ADCS but I don't think you'll have any joy...
    looks like I need to learn more about that then. I'm bridging between NAV and CRM using scribe. I can do CRM and SCRIBE the bridging software but i've not done it with NAV before
    So are you trying to connect and share data between NAV and CRM?
    Ye I'm using a product called SCRIBE which is great and I've used before with CRM but never with NAV and I need to set up NAS for SCRIBE too be able to contact to it
    Oh ok... I have no experience of SRIBE...

Can you not call the NAV 2009 Web Services from CRM to share the data?

We developed some similar functionality to push CRM data into a holding pool table in NAV and then use the NAS to go through this table and update the records accordingly...

Also NAV 7 is reported to have a NAV-CRM connector out of the box (but we will have to wait a bit for that)...
    Need to use SCRIBE because its two way updating also its CRM 4.0

thanks for your help