Application Server Problem with certain user accounts

clayfoxclayfox Member Posts: 23
edited 2010-08-20 in NAV Three Tier
2 intern users were configured and used the system last year.
They left and over the past year their Windows accounts were deleted.
Nothing was done in NAV.
They returned and new accounts, with the same names, were created.
Since then they get the attached error. "Either the caller does not have the required permission or the specified path is read-only."

They can use the classic client fine, so it is not a database issue.
I have tried multiple computers, with brand new user profiles and the RTC client gives this same error for both accounts.
So I am thinking it is something in the Application Server.
I have removed the accounts from SQL completely and started over and nothing as worked.

I am hoping one of you has some ideas on what it might be or what to check next.

Thanks
Clay

Comments

• AdrianAkersAdrianAkers Member Posts: 137
    I would say this isn't the application server. But you know that NAV access the CustomSettings.config file on the users profile to connect to the Service Instance. If they start NAV 2009 for the first time it tries to create the .config file and it looks like they might not have permissions to create this file the first time they run the RTC. That would be my first point to check...

Let me know.

Adrian
    edited 2010-06-09
    Sorry just to update my last post... The path is usually something like,

C:\Documents and Settings\joe.bloggs\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\ClientUserSettings.config

Have they got access to this.. Obviously joe.bloggs is an example username above...
    Did this suggestion work?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    That you created account in AD with same name doesn't mean that it is the same account as it was. It has new SID (security ID) and the accounts in NAV are saved by this SID, not by name in the windows accounts table. You need to add these accounts again into NAV.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • clayfoxclayfox Member Posts: 23
    Yes we have tried to recreate them in NAV several times. I went through and removed all traces in SQL and still have the issue.

I have tried them on several computers where they got a brand new user profile and verified they can access the client files.

That was what made me think it was the app layer.
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    I've the same issue as i recreate the user with same name. Anyone experience this b4?
    Clayfox do you manage to fix it?