Excel buffer and 64 Bit Office 2010

AdalbertAdalbert Member Posts: 9
I have searched the forum and googled the internet.. but still haven't found where i'm looking for (nice song!)
I have made a coupling with Excel with many edit codes (colours and lines), this is a long proces, to make an excel sheet of 200 lines it takes on the old 32 bit server about 2 minutes, terrible long but the client could live with that.
Now they have moved to a 64 bit server (windows 2008) , and the proces takes more than a hour!
I can imagine that this is because a conversion between 32 bit excel en 64 bit server, but i'm not that technical.

Next, I installed Office 2010, 64 bit version, but after loading in table 370 the following automation
"'Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library'.Application" I get the following compiling error:
"The variable XLAPP;;PROTECTEDVIEWWINDOWBEFO is defined more than once."

Is this a known issue, with a nice fix for it, or is there a way to ignore a certain method (in this case PROTECTEDVIEWWINDOW) or does anyone know a better solution?

Thanks in advance Adalbert

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you search this forum you could find other posts about same issue but with older office and another function. Solution is to use local variable instead global or manual edit of the text file with the object. For me the local variable was solution each time...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • AdalbertAdalbert Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for your quick response.
    As a local var it works perfect, thank you, i can't figure out why... but if it works who cares.

Now i got another error, "Can't find excel.exe", i don't know if that is related to the 64 bit machine, or how they have installed office. If i called excel.exe from a cmd box, it start naturally excel 2010. I tried to give by "Send-to Program" the complete path (D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\excel.exe) but than the message came "There is no default stylesheet for the program you are exporting to." appears.

Anyway, the first error is solved, thanks Kine