Rejected qty Recive without amend PO

getegete Member Posts: 76
Hi all,

PO Qty - 100

Received - 60

Rejcted - 20.

One of my client is asking when the rejected the material to supplier through return order , so next when supplier sending the material against rejection at time system should allow the quantity with out amending the PO qty.

is it possible in Navision to make the customization.

Please throw some light about this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• getegete Member Posts: 76
    Anyone has experienced this, and could provide some information on this, please ?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    you can search the forum. The issue has been discussed atleast couple of times. The answer is no and NAV standard does not allow receipt of new quantity against rejected quantity.
    Prime reason (AFAIK) is that all incoming should be authorised (Original qty was authorized but not the subsequent one) because there may be price variance, material may not be required anymore (either procured from other source or otherwise).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Thanks Ssingla,

I know without amending the PO there is no alternative solution.

What ever it may be the reason , if user rejected the material then again when user receiving the material system should allow that one.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Why? It is a different order, it is a replacement order and should be treated separately. Different terms, possible credit application etc.

Okay I am being contrite, but we have discussed this at length already. You are unwilling to discuss any other option or even entertain it - you have a requirement without knowing what it really entails and you seem to want someone to post the magical code to you. Perhaps I am being unfair, but every response to this question, including all the scenarios I have been through on the other post, you have just brushed over.

You want a shortcut to returns and tracking. Ultimately just up the purchase order quantity - you have received it, perhaps enter a negative line to balance the total. It is all your choice.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    AdamRoue wrote:
    Why? It is a different order, it is a replacement order and should be treated separately. Different terms, possible credit application etc.

Why it is a different order or replacement order , Supplier will send the rejected material against that same PO. If it is rejected material Different term
    AdamRoue wrote:

you have a requirement without knowing what it really entails

I hope i explained the requirement clearly in my first post.
    AdamRoue wrote:

you seem to want someone to post the magical code to you.

I did not expect any code from experts , i am expecting the reasons why MS did not provide this functionality.
    AdamRoue wrote:

You want a shortcut to returns and tracking. Ultimately just up the purchase order quantity - you have received it, perhaps enter a negative line to balance the total.

It does not work to my scenerio.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    gete wrote:
    I did not expect any code from experts , i am expecting the reasons why MS did not provide this functionality.

Microsoft would feel that this is not the correct way of conducting business to allow correct traceability, reporting and financial implications, but I have said this a few times, so I suppose unless the actual author of the code, or designer of the concept posts here we will never know. :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen