Item Information

sahasaha Member Posts: 11
Dear All,

I would like to know the following points;

1) Model No. (More than 50 Char) want to add in Item Card without using Description 1 & 2 or No. 1 & No. 2 field size increment
2) Brand Name (Same Name use multiple Item) without using Varient Code or Product Group & Category

is there any option in NAV-2009.

Comments

• BenSydneyBenSydney Member Posts: 56
    You have different options:
    1. Use 'Automatic Ext. Texts' (for Model No.)
    2. Create new custom fields.
    3. Use 'Gen. Prod. Posting Group' or 'Inventory Posting Group' for Brand Code/Name - but you will have to investigate to see if viable.

Regards,
    Ben
  • sahasaha Member Posts: 11
    Dear Ben,

Automatic Extended text only use in details product information purpose & it populate at the time of Sales Line, Purchase Line, Service Line But you can't filter through that. I want by press F5, Show Model No. & Brand Name and Filter through it.

Gen. Product Posting Group is different. It is Combination with Gen. Bus. Posting Group. If I have AC, Washing Machine in Gen. Product Posting Group how can I differentiate by your suggesation. Inventory Posting Group reflect Inventory valuation at the time of preparing Balance Sheet.

Sorry| Please go through Microsoft PDF & Clear your idea of Gen. Product Posting Group & Inventory Posting Group.
  • BenSydneyBenSydney Member Posts: 56
    saha wrote:
    Dear Ben,

Automatic Extended text only use in details product information purpose & it populate at the time of Sales Line, Purchase Line, Service Line But you can't filter through that. I want by press F5, Show Model No. & Brand Name and Filter through it.

Gen. Product Posting Group is different. It is Combination with Gen. Bus. Posting Group. If I have AC, Washing Machine in Gen. Product Posting Group how can I differentiate by your suggesation. Inventory Posting Group reflect Inventory valuation at the time of preparing Balance Sheet.

Sorry| Please go through Microsoft PDF & Clear your idea of Gen. Product Posting Group & Inventory Posting Group.

Well, you didn't state all your requirements (filtering, etc) in your original post, that's why I suggested 'Automatic Ext Texts' for additional item specific information.

About Gen. Product Posting Group and Inventory Posting Groups:
    Even if the primary purpose of Gen. Product Posting Group and Inventory Posting Groups are used for determining gl accounts when posting transactions, nothing stops you from also using them for grouping/filtering of items. You can create multiple of these groups and link them to the same gl accounts.
    For example, if you have AC and WM (Washing Machine) as Gen. Product Posting Groups, and you have Gen. Bus Posting Groups of D (Domestic) and I (International) you could do the following:
    GBPG, GPPG, Sales
    ,AC,1111
    ,WM,1111
    D,AC,1111
    D,WM,1111
    I,AC,1111
    I,WM,1111

The last time I checked my manuals (if that is what you are implying by 'Microsoft PDF') they didn't say "Only use posting groups for linking to G/L". It for example states the following about Inventory Posting Groups:
    "Inventory posting groups are used to group items for statistical purposes. Reports, such as the ........ ".

Kind regards.