Options

Requisition Worksheets

hubgilberthubgilbert Member Posts: 36
We are having trouble getting a new item to show on a requisition worksheet. Without any transaction currently in the system (SO or PO detail line), the program will not flag it as requiring replenishment. We have the Reorder Policy set to Fixed Quantity, a unit of measure, a stocking level below the reorder point. The minute we add it to a sales order, it shows up. What are we doing wrong. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    Are you using locations and stockkeeping units? If you do, and you run the requisition worksheet filtered on a location, the quantity will not be triggered until there is a SO on the stockkeeping unit. I suggest you check your settings and parameters and test different scenarios.

Hope this can be of any help.
  • Options
    We are using locations, but we are not using stockkeeping units. There is no location filter on the requisition function.
  • Options
    golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    What version and which hotfixes are you on? Try SO on the location or blank. Try different replenishment scenarios (fixed qty, max. qty etc.), different reordering parameters on the item card, as well as on the parameters on the location card to find out how the system is working.

Looking forward to your results.

Rgds
  • Options
    Geert_PennersGeert_Penners Member Posts: 12
    I think an item only shows when there is an actual demand for it. Just setting a safety stock doesn''t trigger it.
    Kind regards,

Geert Penners
    http://www.gac.nl
  • Options
    cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    What version are you running? in version 2.60 you needed one transaction in order to get any suggestions in the requisition worksheet.
    We actually ended up opening a MSFT incident on this, and after much testing, and talking with developers, MSFT finally figured it out. This report will only work if there is demand, unless you have locations mandatory turned off. With locations mandatory turned on, you must have the SKU granule for suggested quantities. At $3200 USD to make this thing work, we decided to work around it. Thanks for you input.
  • Options
    harm.poelenharm.poelen Member Posts: 36
    Hi hubgilbert,

We had the same problem and we posted an issue about this on the forum some weeks ago... I also got the response that the problem is linked to the setting of location obligated on the warehouse location card. Did you learn about a work around using the stock keeping units? If so, could you post this work around given to you by Microsoft. I was also about to make a post on the Microsoft site for this issue. So the answer could help me get the answer quicker.
    CANE Microsoft Solutions BV
    Prins Hendrikplein 14
    2518 JC DEN HAAG
    The Netherlands
    http://www.cane.nl
  • Options
    Here is the recommendation by Microsoft tech support. Note that it requires basic manufacturing. I encourage everybody who reads this to request a design change in basic Navision. This workaround requires spending thousands of dollars or telling your client that the function doesn't work.

After further testing and researching, here is what I found:

You must set up SKUs if using Location Mandatory(the Location Mandatory is tied to SKUs) to be able to define requisition information necessary at the Location Level. Reason being is if you do not define the SKU, then you are setting a general replenishments for all locations based on the item card. With that said, you could be over/under stating each location based on the general item replenishment versus individual locations sku's. This is working as designed based on the information from development.

Your options are to either unmark the location mandatory option or change the code. You could possible review the code and make changes to not look at SKUs during this process.

An example was to set one location as the supply location and then tying this to Manufacturing Setup as the Component at Location. The biggest concern seems to be that in a multiple-location environment, you can get a lot of unwanted supply recommendations without SKUs at the Location level. I've included a little information as to what development gave an example of the code.
    -
    Thanks,
    Jill
    MBS Support Engineer

**PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS AN EXAMPLE, HAS NOT BEEN FULLY TESTED, AND CURRENTLY IS NOT SUPPORTED. PLEASE TEST BEFORE IMPLEMENTING LIVE**

The main problem is to decide when to start doing replenishment on a location.
    Should we create replenishment orders for those locations with nothing on inventory and no demand for this item?
    The solution has been designed to avoid this situation.

In the following change, the customer has to decide a "replenishment location". This is setup using the "Component at Location" field at the Manufacturing Setup.

In codeunit 99854, function DemandtoInvProfile the following code

IF SKU.FIND('-') THEN
    REPEAT
    CheckCreateItemDemand(InventoryProfile,SKU,OrderDate);
    UNTIL SKU.NEXT = 0;
    IF NOT SKU.GET('',Item."No.",'') AND
    NOT InvtSetup."Location Mandatory"
    THEN BEGIN
    TempSKU.INIT;
    TempSKU."Item No." := Item."No.";
    TransferPlanningParameters(TempSKU);
    CheckCreateItemDemand(InventoryProfile,TempSKU,OrderDate);
    END;

should be changed to:

IF SKU.FIND('-') THEN BEGIN
    REPEAT
    CheckCreateItemDemand(InventoryProfile,SKU,OrderDate);
    UNTIL SKU.NEXT = 0;
    END ELSE
    IF (ManufacturingSetup."Components at Location" <> '') OR
    NOT InvtSetup."Location Mandatory"

THEN BEGIN
    TempSKU.INIT;
    TempSKU."Item No." := Item."No.";
    TempSKU."Location Code" := ManufacturingSetup."Components at Location";
    TransferPlanningParameters(TempSKU);
    CheckCreateItemDemand(InventoryProfile,TempSKU,OrderDate);
    END;
  • Options
    BokkBokk Member Posts: 138
    We have been asked to deal with an issue related to this Locations Mandatory checkbox. Our client was trying to use the Calculate Regenerative Plan function on the Planning Worksheet and it was not taking the Safety Stock Quantity into consideration. When the Locations Mandatory was unchecked, it appears to calculate properly. (I haven't tried it will the piece of test code.)

They are not currently using SKUs and implementing that right now would be huge. I am curious if anyone has looked into the effects of unchecking the Locations Mandatory option in other areas? Also, what version is this associated with? We are dealing with 3.10 at this time. Does anyone know if this has been changed in Navision 4.0?

Thanks!
    SGM
  • Options
    This was acknowledged as an issue in Navision 3.7. The solution that Microsoft came up with was to re-issue the licenses of those affected with the SKU. Unfortunately this doesn't help us as we did not want the overhead involved in maintaining SKU's. We have programmed around it and built our own tables.