Grid + Enter

rixrixrixrix Member Posts: 121
Hello friends,

We have such sitution:

One grid with Items, One textbox for quantity input
I want to be able to move in the grid by cursor arrows, be able to search by columns and
when pressing ENTER anywhere in the grid to MOVE CURSOR into the Quantity textbox
(and fill some variable with ID of item i was on in the grid)

Is anything like this possible?

I need it because I want to simplify processes when using NAV on BArcode reader and do not want to use other buttons (no place for them and work slows down)

thank u in advance

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    You can use nextcontrol if you want to pass to quantity control whereever you are. There is no trigger for the enter key stroke, so everytime you use enter, arrow, tab etc. you will pass to quantity.
    You should better design your form in accordance with your requirement and may use validations to pass the quantity field when all required fields are filled.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • rixrixrixrix Member Posts: 121
    thank u very much. it seems I have no other choice .. but as I reorganized some things ,NextControl seems to be ok enough

I have another question now, if u be so kind .....

I want to be able to traverse through grid.. row by row (by arrow keys), but want to deny the cell to be expandable. For example 1st row is ID. It is Focusable and NONEditable...

But on active cell I can expand it to show complete ID list .... (normal feature)

I know It is not editable, but is there any way to deny this "expanding" feature.
    I just want to see ID's and want them to be focusable, so I can read data from where the cursor actually is.

thank u
    An another question...
    Is it possible to set "NextControl" when program running ?

I have shown 1 column at time and by pressing button i can change which column is visible (always onlu 1 at a time)
    Now I want to have NextControl on other object set so it will go to column which is visible....

thank u
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    I think with exandable you mean NAVs lookup functionality. To switch it off set the property lookup to NO on the control where you don'T want/need it.

To move the cursor per code to a field take a look in the CSIDE RefGuide for ACTIVATE.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    thank u very much ...

1. but Lookup is set to NO ... so it is not that.... at the end of the cell, there is "down arrow"
    2. ok, i will try to think about it using Activate