Options

Role Taylord Client connection

morajdmorajd Member Posts: 6
edited 2010-05-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All
hope some one can help me here.

I have restored Nav2009 demo DB on a sever which also host v5.1 db. Then I installed RTC on my local machine. gave the server name as a parametre during the installation. I can make a classic client connection using sql client. When I try the RTC I get the follwong error

A server was not found at "net.tcp//nav3:7046/DynamicsNav/Service". Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available

I would greatly appreciate if some can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Rgds

Moraj

Comments

• Options
    fitolfitol Member Posts: 46
    You need to install the service tier on the server.
  • Options
    Hi fitol

Thank you for the quick response. could you please tell me which is the correcte exe I need to run from the Installs? also is it a 32 bit install? will it interfere with the v 5.2 which is on that server.

Regards

Moraj
  • Options
    fitolfitol Member Posts: 46
    Run the installer from the ServiceTier folder on the product dvd.
    Perhaps you should contact your local microsoft partner and ask them to help you.
  • Options
    Hi

I was able to succesfully install the service tier. however now I get different error.

"You do not have permission to run the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Serversystem. contact your...

I have domain admin rights. Do I have to set spereate permission for this and where can I set this permission up?

Regards

Moraj
  • Options
    Hi All,

I loaded the Cronus licence and it work now