Navision User Roles Setup

harishkathharishkath Member Posts: 4
Dear forum,
I am trying to set user Permission wherein My user will enter sales/Purchase order, and the same user will not be allowed to change in any master cards Like Item, Customer, Vendor etc...
I set RIMDX as following -
Object type-Table data, Object Name-ITEM, Permission = Y-I-I-I-Y
Object type-Table, Object Name-ITEM, Permission = Y-I-I-I-Y
After setting up above permission my user is not able to any change in Item Card which is OK and i wanted the same,
but user is not able to post his order also and finding message "you do not have permission to modify item table".
so plz tell me where i me doing wrong???
Thxn in advance

Comments

• GAPGAP Member Posts: 2
    you can use the standard roles Create and Post sales orders and purchase orders
  • veerendraveerendra Member Posts: 66
    Try to use the "Permissions" property in the codeunit...Read the help(F1)... :-k
    Veerendra Ch.
    http://midynav.blogspot.com/ (Microsoft Dynamics Navision)
  • harishkathharishkath Member Posts: 4
    veerendra wrote:
    Try to use the "Permissions" property in the codeunit...Read the help(F1)... :-k

Using codeunit i can allow user for entering and posting orders but there is no any Item card object in this type
    so i can disallow my user to make change in Item card.
  • harishkathharishkath Member Posts: 4
    GAP wrote:
    you can use the standard roles Create and Post sales orders and purchase orders

Posting orders are not an issue but how can i restrict my user to change in item card and any other Master.
    plz tell me if both (Allow posting & restrict Master changes) can be done together??
  • veerendraveerendra Member Posts: 66
    I suggest you to read the Permissions help first..

You can give indirect permissions on Item Table (so that user cannot make changeds directly using UI) and the required permssions in the codeunit (in the codeunit which is giving permissions error) to modify the data in the Item card..
    Veerendra Ch.
    http://midynav.blogspot.com/ (Microsoft Dynamics Navision)