Option-added Option String/Caption - can't see in dropdown?

phill01phill01 Member Posts: 10
Hi All,
I recently added a new option to the Job Comment Line table(Type field) and modified the Job comment Lines form (5107930) to try to dispaly it but I can't get my new option to display in the drop down list. If I remove one of the existing strings, I can then see my new one.

Does anyone know if there is a limit set somewhere on how many characters or options you can see in a drop down list against an option type field? (See ComType field on form).

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i think you've added your option in the optioncaption property only, but not in the optionstring property: thus, if you delete an existing option(caption), your new option will take the place of the deleted one.
    A hint: when you add a new option in a standard object, add some commas before your option, because future upgrades of nav can add new option, and you'll have to do some hard work to replace the values...
    example:
    a,b,c,d,,,,,mynewoption

obviously, the blank options won't be shown, and 'mynewoption' is the integer value 8 and not 4
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • phill01phill01 Member Posts: 10
    I so wish that were the case.....it's in the option string also...

OptionString=[ ,General,Rough Concept,Detailed Concept,Processing,Support,Purchase,Sale,HSBDraftComment];

(I'm not seeing the HSBDraftComment in the drop down of the option in run time)
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Can you post the optioncaption and optioncaptionML properties, too?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog