Options

Reporting Option in Dynamics NAV 2009

knmknm Member Posts: 170
edited 2010-06-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

Just joined the forum, and I'm looking forward to all the available resources @ mibuso.com.

I'ma newbie in Dynamics NAV, but have experience in Dynamics GP, currently I'm comparing the product feature by feature, and now, I'm trying to figure out the available Reporting Options.

I don't know if you are familiar with Dynamics GP, but it has a module named "Smartlist." Which is one fancy module that let's you create a list out of the available data in GP, by manually configuring the necessary columns, and filtering the information necessarily.

And I was wondering if Dynamics NAV 2009 has such option. I see that using SSRS, almost any kind of report can be created, but is there some interface within NAV that users can easily build their own favorite report/list?

Thank you in advance!

Kenji

Answers

• Options
    nikolaknikolak Member Posts: 20
    As far as I know there is no such option in NAV that is shipped out of the box.

Users can only specify the parameters which can be used to generate report, through request pages. They cannot define a new report with existing data. Would be a cool feature though :).
  • Options
    knmknm Member Posts: 170
    Hi nikolak,

Thanks for your response.
    I was trying to make sure, that I wasn't missing on some of the reporting features.

Well, too bad, and I would love to see such reporting enhancements made in the future.

Kenji