How to Export the Excel File without the hide colums

month8848month8848 Member Posts: 17
User want to export the Excel File on thr Form without the hide colums that user selected.
How to save the hide colums???

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    you can't...or at least, you have to program it by yourself (making a new action)...i don't know if setting the visible property to true right before the export will help (but where can we put the code?probably codeunit 403?)
    your best choice is to train the users to hide/show the columns they want to have, it is not "rocket science".
    you can see the export to excel button as a screenshot of the current page, in my opinion this is how it should work.
    Why do you want to have your hidden columns exported, too? :-k
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • month8848month8848 Member Posts: 17
    I am going to see codeunit 403.

Because the speed of export is slow ,the user want to hide the column so that they can do it quickly.
    month8848 wrote:
    Because the speed of export is slow ,the user want to hide the column so that they can do it quickly.
    I am going to see codeunit 403.

well, i probably misunderstood your question, but nav already do not export hidden columns to excel (i'm talking about RTC 2009SP1)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    well, i probably misunderstood your question, but nav already do not export hidden columns to excel (i'm talking about RTC 2009SP1)

this export function is a customize programe not the standard programe .

i save the record to table370 (Excel Buffer) and export it.
    you should have said it before...anyway, if the export starts from a button in the form, just check if the field is visible before inserting a new record in table 370...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    i found the visiable is not set in fields property after hide column. i have to close the form and reopen it ](*,)

i set (visiable = false) in which trigger? :-k
    -currform.update(TRUE or FALSE at your need) to have the refreshed window...
    -my idea was that the user should be able to show/hide the columns he want manually, and then, before calling the function to fill the excel buffer, you should test if the field is visible or not in this moment
    -Mirko-
    My Blog