Wrong Location when selecting lots for Transfer receipt.

aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
Hi there :P

I've got a rather strange situation. I've done the shipment of a transfer order and later on when going to select the lots for the receipt posting the lots cannot be selected. Normally they are copied over directly but this time they are not there and are not selectable.

Right now the items and in the in-transit location and when opening the Itrem Tracknig form the filtered location is the transfer-to location #-o

In all other regards all is alright. The lots can be found via the Items by location (in in-transit) and all the rest but I cannot pick them up. The date for shipping and receiving is in both cases today.

any idea? :|
Navision Developer

Comments

• FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    You don't write which DB version you are on. There are lots of bugs in the Item tracking existing in 4.0 up to SP2 (SP3 is better but still has bugs), in 5.0 (5.01 is better).

The bug you describe I encountered also in a 4.0SP1. Upgrading to 4.0SP3 solved most of it (not all).
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Oh sorry it's in W1 5.0 SP1 :oops:

So it's a know issue then? :P Do you have a number or something I can try to find in partner source?
    Navision Developer
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    I just looked it up and 4.03 fixed it for us. The fix is in CU5704, Fu TransferTracking and CU99000836, Fu TransferTransferToTransfer. The fix also brings a new Fu MoveItemTracking into CU99000836 which does not exist in 5.01 nor in 6.01.

I know tracking works a lot different in 5.01 compared to 4.03 but for some reason the code in 5.01 looks more like the code in 4.01 then in 4.03. I also looked at 6.01 and this seems to be the same as 5.01. You might want to compare these 2 Codeunits (all checked with DE Versions).

I do have a report which is able to find lines with missing tracking. The report can also "create" the missing ReservEntries. It is from 4.03 but should work with a 5.01 also.

No, I don't have something to search for, sorry but yes, this should be a known issue.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Hi and thanks FDickschat,

I've checked and all implications of the error is that the reservation line which should remain (the receipt side) is lost so I will re-create them. Regarding new occurrences of the problem it's a bit worrying since it's not very safe to go about creating manual reservation entries and can be burdensome if happens with large orders. :x
    Navision Developer