Post/Apply Cash Receipt With Date Prior To Invoice Date

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

We recently upgraded a customer from version 3.60 to 2009 SP1. Since the upgrade they have noticed a change in the cash posting/allocation rules. They often post cash with a posting date earlier than the date of the invoice it is paying, where cash was received up front. In version 3.60 they could quite happily post this cash and apply it to the invoice in 1 operation. But in version 2009SP1 they now get the following error when trying to apply :

"You are not allowed to apply and post an entry to an entry with an earlier posting date. Instead, post Payment PAYDOCNO and then apply it to Invoice INVDOCNO."

This means they have to do it in 2 operations, taking longer. I'm guessing this behaviour has been changed to close some application loophole that might have caused errors. Problem is I'm having trouble convincing the customer! Does anybody have any comments or documentation on this?

Many thanks

Jonathan

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    This restriction seemed to be introduced around 4.0 / 4.0Sp1.
    IIRC there is a specific checking for this, you can comment out the line of codes which should not have bearings on anything...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • grebnergrebner Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

can somebody confirm that the corresponding changes bringing no problems afterwards or has somebody longer experienece with that modification.
    My Company does also want to aply with older postingsdates, and now it´s not possible anymore.

The Changes would be very easy.
    Function Postingdatecheck in ValidateRequirements at Gen. Journal Line.
    Same check in some "apply-to Forms".

Thanks

Michael
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hello,

I had the same problem after upgrading. AFAIK it's not so easy to remove this check, you have to make changes in CU12 as well. As for the date rule, I assume it's a result of assigning an applying entry and making the posting date of the applying entry the application date. It makes things easier and it's better to verify. But it costs flexibility.

with best regards

Jens
  • FordewindFordewind Member Posts: 27
    I have found intresting hotfix for Navision 3.7:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887249:
    "In Microsoft Business Solutions - Navision, you can apply and post a payment that has a posting date that is earlier than the posting date of the invoice.
    The G/L entries and the value-added tax (VAT) adjustment entries should be posted on the same date. However, after the payment is posted, the date that is listed for the G/L entries is listed as the date of the payment. The date that is listed for the VAT adjustment entries is the date of the invoice."

And if you look into it's code you'll find that it is very close to our problem :!:
    As for me the solution was very strange ](*,)
    Nav 4.0 sp3