Main window size

rixrixrixrix Member Posts: 121
Hello friends.

Our company is trying to use NAV 4.0 on mobile terminals with screen 320x240 ....
We wanted to do something but the implementating company said it is not possible....

Question:
Is it possible to run NAV 4.0 so the main screen (where all menus, icons are) would be fixed size 320x240 ?
I do not need to see icons or other things, all forms will be in 320x240 ...
I just do not want user to be able scroll 3 screens to the right, because all windows opens somewhere there, even if I set 0,0 in the position properties...

I hope i said it clearly

Thank u in advance

Comments

• rixrixrixrix Member Posts: 121
    Or maybe u can help me with this:

Is it possible to change the font size of TOP MENU and status Line (in the main window) ?
    I do not mean Navigation bar.

thank u
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Your best bet would probably be to get rid of the left hand menu for the mobile users, use a version 3 like menu system for the little screens and hide the toolbar. There's no way to modify the size of these nor of the main menu, except a for the icons on the toolbar that you'll probably find can be made bigger. The main menu's fonts do follow the default fonts defined in display properties, but I don't think that will be very useful.

After you get rid of the space wasting left menu Nav should work perfectly for 640x480, as that's the original minimum size it was designed for. But 320x240 is probably pushing it too far.

When you're using it on a mobile screen make sure you're using a different ZUP file to a full size screen, eg add an ID=mobile320 token to the Navision command line.
  • rixrixrixrix Member Posts: 121
    ok, thank u....

but may I somehow to change even font size in CONFIRM forms? They are really too small on 5x7cm screen with res 480x640. Letters are 0,5mm wide ... it is not readable for our people ....

thank u
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    No, I think CONFIRM is not scaleable. But you could create your own confirm form.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."