How do I get Language of NAV Installation?

vsnasevsnase Member Posts: 23
Hi all,

I want to get the "basic"-Language of a NAV-Installation.

example: Table 27 Item has no field language_code, table 30 Item Translation has one.

I personally know that my installation is German, but it could also be English with German-language-pack. In first case field description would be in German and translation in English. In second case it would be the other way round.

If I now want to synch with multilanguage-enabled third-party-application I need to know the basic-language. How do I get it (by code)?

Volker

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    vsnase wrote:
    I want to get the "basic"-Language of a NAV-Installation.
    The "basic"-language of NAV, is the language were the Item descriptions, G/L Account names, Unit of measures, addresses were entered into the database.
    If I install NAV in German, and enter all Item descriptions, Accounts, addresses in French, what is then the "basic"-language?

There is no way you can get this info from a property or C/AL-function.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • vsnasevsnase Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for Your prompt answer.

with my tool I am exporting items in different languages. I know each language in which data is saved within NAV but not in which language general data is saved?

This means that I have to set "basic"-language manually and hope that it is used correctly? Would You add a field to Table 79 Company Information to publish the basic language?

Volker
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    vsnase wrote:
    Would You add a field to Table 79 Company Information to publish the basic language?
    That might be the best solution.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)