DSN less (N)ODBC connectionstring ?

ZarpadianZarpadian Member Posts: 3
Greetings, I have a problem connecting to a Native 4.0 DB using ODBC without DSN.

If I set up the connection using a DSN everything is working fine so I am assuming its my connectionstring that is wrong.

Working connection strings( DSN or odbc to a Sql Server2008 database)
string connStr_DSN = "DSN=NAV4";
string connStr_SqlServer = "DRIVER={Sql Server};SERVER=mydbserver;Trusted_Connection=yes;DATABASE=mydatabase";

Failing connectionstring:
string connStr_Navision = "DRIVER={Microsoft Navision Driver};SERVER=navision4native;Trusted_Connection=yes;DATABASE=Customer;CompanyName=CRONUS UK Ltd.";

I tried various permutations of this string (e.g., without companyname)- but allways get the same exception:

ERROR [08004] [Simba][SimbaEngine ODBC Driver][DRM File Library]Cannot BeginSession.
ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
ERROR [01S00] [Simba][SimbaEngine ODBC Driver]Invalid connection string attribute.
ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the application requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr).

Anyone know of the minimum required attributes to specify in the connectionstring and could specify a working dsn-less connection string ?

Comments

• robsmitrobsmit Member Posts: 12
    DSN Less?, no go
    What you want accessing DSN on remote server? >>> Terminal session!!!!
    Or install N/ODBC on yourlocal PC and make a DSN.
    To guess DSN connection string you can use MSQUERy of VFP.

Had to to it like this.
  • ZarpadianZarpadian Member Posts: 3
    Hi robsmit,

thanks for your answer. We ended up using DSN - just thought I might be missing something obvious in the connection string :)