Time-out

Stefan.NorbartStefan.Norbart Member Posts: 3
Hi there,

We recently had a technical upgrade to NAV2009 SP1 of our old 2.5 database. We did this because we switched to Windows 7 and the old Navision client (3.70B) does not run under W7. At first we had some small issues with our firewall (Fortigate). If traffic over TCP/IP-port 2407 isn't active for 300 seconds then the port is closed by the firewall. This was a known problem and is fixed by setting the time-out to 43200 seconds (12 hours).

I hoped the issues were solved but we still have issues with a time-out. It seems that after a few hours (2 or 3) an inactive Navision session is closed. We get error message "The TCP/IP-network send error code 10051". Our Navision partner says it's a DNS problem and our ICT-vendor thinks it's a wrong setting in Navision. Did anybody had a similar problem or does someone know a solution for this issues?

Thanks,
Stefan Norbart

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    As far as I know there are no time out settings in NAV that aren't done as an add-on solution / customization by the partner.

Is it really a problem that someone who hasn't used the application in three hours is logged off? I mean it's better for security, for opening up sessions (if you have too many users), etc.
  • Stefan.NorbartStefan.Norbart Member Posts: 3
    Hi Matttrax,

Thanks for your reaction. It's not a major issue but some reports are being processed by night. When the report is processed and after that the time-out kicks in the user cannot see the results. A work-around for this is to process the report during day-time.

Our Navision partner had a new idea which is being tested at this moment. The problem can be caused by a setting in the Terminal Server config. There's a time-out configured which is also used by Navision. Let's wait and see.