List button and list form

Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
Hello,

I design a new tailored customer card form in NAV 5.0 client. Some sensitive information will not be shown. I also designed a list form of customer which is also a tailored version of standard customer list form. I call my list when pressing F5 but when the user clicks the List button on the toolbar, the standard customer list form is opened. Can I prevent this?
Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005

Comments

• kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    On the Customer table you should change the property "LookupFormID" to your customized form ID.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    If you create second list form for table - Icon from toolbar will not work for one of them.
    It will always fire Form from "LookUpFormID " parameters from table.
    F5 - work correct because you dont use action "LookUpTable" - You are using RunObject or launch form from code. Correct?

Anyway.. i understood you need second "customer card" - but maybe no need for another list form?
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    kitik wrote:
    On the Customer table you should change the property "LookupFormID" to your customized form ID.

Salut!

I should solve the problem by not changing the definition of the table.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I guess LookupFormID is the only way to solve it without any constraints.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    Without changing the table there's nothing you can do.
    The list icon always shows the form specified on the LookupFormID property.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Why change LookUpFormID in table? If You do this - then you have "Icon list problem" on your original customer form. This solve nothing. ( i suppose you want to use both customer cards and lists)
    Here is the simplest and dumbest solution: I write a code in the OnOpenForm trigger of the standard customer list to check the user and if not authorized exiting with ERROR('').
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    cemkaraer wrote:
    Here is the simplest and dumbest solution: I write a code in the OnOpenForm trigger of the standard customer list to check the user and if not authorized exiting with ERROR('').

As far i know, But it can be create error (at all standard place where customer address in table relation)while user want to see cust list form. so you have to set(customize form) in all stage.
    vijay_g wrote:
    cemkaraer wrote:

As far i know, But it can be create error (at all standard place where customer address in table relation)while user want to see cust list form. so you have to set(customize form) in all stage.

Hello vijay
    The error is specific to the user. For that reason the solution is the dumbest one :D .
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft