WMS item picking "Bin code"

ChristelChristel Member Posts: 28
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know a way to skip a "Bin code" when creating a warehouse pick?

My settings for "Location code" are "Require shipment", "require put-away", "require Pick" and "Bin mandatory".

So customer is creating sales orders, from the sales order creating a Warehouse shipment and from this shipment a pick-document.

Now we want to prevent just 1 bin code were the system never can pick.

Hope the question is clear :wink:

Greetz,
Christel.

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Christel,

You can assign a Bin Type Code to your bins.
    In the Bin Type setup you can set the access to the bin for Receiving, Ship, Put Away and Pick.
    Just make sure that on the Bin Type you assign to this 1 bin you uncheck the "Pick" flag.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • ChristelChristel Member Posts: 28
    Hi Willy,

I was convinced that it would work, but it doesn't :cry:

Maybe because the customer isn't using the "Directed Put-away and Pick"

The put-away is done by students, they write everything on paper and someone at the office enters the location/bins on the purchase order (maybe not the best idea but that's wat the customer wants)

Picking is done the system but the system picks in the inventory which is picked for other customers and waits for shipping :?

Is the system stupid or is it just me :oops: ??
  • BenSydneyBenSydney Member Posts: 56
    Hi,

Have you tried the 'Block Movement' in Bin Contents? You can block a bin for 'Outbound' transactions.

Don't know if this will solve your issue but you can try.

Regards,
    Ben
    BenSydney wrote:
    Hi,

Have you tried the 'Block Movement' in Bin Contents? You can block a bin for 'Outbound' transactions.

Don't know if this will solve your issue but you can try.

Regards,
    Ben

Tried it but it still doesn't work :( as far as I can see that only works if you're using "Directed Put-away and Pick"
    #-o
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    Yes, both solutions exposed in here do only work when using WMS (that is, the Directed Put-away and Pick is checked on the location).

You said on your first post you were using WMS. If the Directed Put-away and Pick is not checked, then, you are actually not using this functionality.

When not using WMS, there is no standard way of not picking from a specific bin code, or no way to block a bin
    Ok :oops: so I'm not using wms because the customer doesn't want to use the "put away",
    but thanks for your answer!

Does anyone know where to prevent the system to suggest one specific bin?
    What codeunit or table I could adapt?

I don't seem to find it :cry: