cash Account

aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
Hi all,

I get cash in multi currency and want to maintain different cash account in the COA as USD, EURO, YEN, GBP.
How will I get the cash balance in multi currency?

waiting for you expert advice.

regards,
APS

Comments

• aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
    I am waiting ](*,)
  • navmukeshnavmukesh Member Posts: 12
    I think this can be done by setting up bank accounts for these cash account and you can relate this to the corresponding GL Accounts by using Bank posting Groups.

On the Bank A/c you would be able to see the Balance Amount in FCY but on GL you would be seeing that in LCY

Regards,
    Mukesh
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    aps_mbs wrote:
    I am waiting ](*,)

if you require immediate support you can contact Microsoft Support. The forum is not the place to look for priority support.

Anyway moving to your query, You must be aware that G/L only operates with LCY (Additional Reporting currency is not applicable in your case) so the only availoable option is to open the cash accounts in the Bank Master and you can have multicurrency feature available by default.

Ooops somebody replied the same
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
    thanx for the reply....

but if i create the cash G/L account as Bank, while running the adjust foreign currency batch the system will reinstate the bank entries.
    it can be stoped but then i will have to do the reco for that Bank card.

Any other way to handle it?

regards,
    APS
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    aps_mbs wrote:
    but if i create the cash G/L account as Bank, while running the adjust foreign currency batch the system will reinstate the bank entries.
    it can be stoped but then i will have to do the reco for that Bank card.
    regards,
    APS

That is the only way of handling this.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in