Problem to update Navision 2009 (error with Object Metadata)

martamarta Member Posts: 24
Hello,

I am doing an update to Navision 2009 SP1 SQL.
I have a navision 4 SP1.
When I open the database with Navision 2009 SQL to convert
the following message of error apears appears :

SQL Server Error to access table Object Metadata.

207,"42S22",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] invalid column name "Object Id".
207,"42S22",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] invalid column name "Object Id".
CREATE TRIGGER [$ndo$objecttracking]ON [dbo].[Metadatos objetos ]
FOR DELETE , INSERT , UPDATE AS
etc...
etc...

If I try the second method and restore a copy of the database
the error that appears:

SQL Server Error to access table Object Metadata.

SQL:
UPDATE "databaseName"."dbo"."Object Metadata" SET "Metadatos" = NULL WHERE (("Tipo Objeto"=5))

The SQL is Microsoft SQL Server 2008.

Someone has an idea to solve my problem ?

Thank you.

Comments

• leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
    hi marta

first of all, your NAV 4 SP1 database works under SQL or under native server? If you are under native version, you must upgrade to NAV2009 native and later perform some processes before restoring under NAV2009 SQL. please check the upgrading toolkit manual

also check your user privleges under SQL Server, you must set up your user as an Administrator, db owner ( or even sysadmin ... ) to perform some updates required when upgrading...

regards from valencia.

My NAV 4 SP1 database works under SQL.
    Some weeks ago I did the update to test the database and goes all OK.
    I tested the navision 2009 database during some weeks and last week I decided to do the final update.
    I think that I did the same but I don't know the reason of the error.
  • leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
    hi marta

check the user permissions in your local SQL Server, that kind of error comes from SQL
    maybe you made the upgrade with an administrator user or with administrative privileges and now in end-user installation you haven't the same privileges for that user
    keep me updated pls :wink:
    regards