Type Conversion Problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
I have a type conversion problem. i got a report sent from my head office.... it is a label printing report... when i imported and tried to compile, am getting type conversion error.

Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision
Type conversion is not possible because 1 of the operators contains an invalid type.

Text := VOID

OK
-

In that there is a coding line which is given below

Addr[1][1] := PrintBarCode.ParseRequest(ICR."Cross-Reference No.");

when I try to compile it throws the error and the cursor blink at this code only.

ADDR[1][1]is defined as text[250].

Printbarcode ====> NAv Comm (Codeuint)

there the cross reference no. is passed and get converted into barcode number....

can any body tell what is need to be done.....

Comments

• southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
    is anybody there to help me out...... Anybody [-o< :whistle: I had tried to execute that report... but it getting executed without BARCODE.... wat to do... can any one get me the solutions...... :-k
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You write a post, wait 17 minutes, and are upset that no one has responded? On a weekend no less? Mibuso is not the place to get immediate support. That's what your NAV Partner is for, or other people in your company. I'm tempted not to even help, but I will.

Just take a minute to think about the code you are looking at.

Addr[1][1]. What does that tell you? That you are expecting some sort of Matrix or 2-dimensional array.

You say Addr is only a Text[250] variable, or a 1-dimensional array (that's what text is, a 1-dimensional array of characters).

See the problem?

Next time try commenting parts of the code out. That will get you to a point where you can compile the report and that will tell you what's wrong.