Error at compile object has automation variable type MSWord

jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
Folks,

Found a little trouble again within Navision Integration. :x

Navision : W1370
OCX : Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library.

Variable name : MSWordApp
DataType : Automation
SubType : 'Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library'.Application

When I compile the object, it will give an error:
The variable MSWORDAPP::MAILMERGEDATASOURCE is defined more than once.
An Example could be: 'File' exists as both a data type and a global variable

Anyone know how to figure this out? :roll:

Thank in advance as always,

Jemmy

edited:
after I rechecked the C/Al code of the form, I found that:
MSWordApp::MailMergeDataSource(Doc : Automation "'Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library'.Document")

MSWordApp::MailMergeDataSource(Doc : Automation "'Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library'.Document";VAR Handled : Boolean)

But, we can't delete one of the line, since this function build in .dll, how to resolve this? :?:

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
  • AngeloAngelo Member Posts: 180
    hello,Jemmy

Anda pasti memakai WithEvents. I ever met problem like you but I "rebuild" a new variable type automation(word) again and it work again.
  • jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    Daniel,

In this case, I used Form 21 Customer Card.
    And I put the C/Al code in the menu button Customer to open MS.Word.
    But I think this is not caused by Form, is it? :roll:

Angelo,
    Rebuild? Do you mean I have to delete and create again?
    I have tried but nothing changed. :(

Anyway thanks.. and hope to hear from you soon.

Jemmy
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Try to use a shorter variable name.
    Instead of MSWordApp use WdApp or anything else what is short enough, so the events are unique.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    Hello Timo, You hit to the point! :D
    I really don't suspect it will be caused by length of variable name.
    MSWordApp is 9 chars WdApp is 5 chars. A difference of 4 chars!
    I should be aware of these later...

Thanks a lot. :D

Jemmy
  • AngeloAngelo Member Posts: 180
    Hello Jimmy,

Itu yang saya maksud. Bikin variable lain, jangan sama persis seperti di buku (file pdf). :D
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    When I compile the object, it will give an error:
    The variable MSWORDAPP::MAILMERGEDATASOURCE is defined more than once.
    An Example could be: 'File' exists as both a data type and a global variable.

Had the same problem in excel, thanks, making the var name shorter..., i never would have guessed it.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    yes, it's an old topic, but i found recently this issue in nav 5.0(and 4.03, I don't tested other versions): and it can't be solved with a shorter variable name. why?because there are two other longer triggers:

-mailmergedatasourcevalidate
    -mailmergedatasourcevalidate2

and, best of all, using a 1 character-long variable the name is not unique;
    the system recognise only 'mailmergedatasourcevalidate' but not the last "2", so the two triggers are the same...for only 1 char.......
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Export object in txt and search for definitions of variable. It is common that you have one var defined as global and using same name in local vars.
    thanks Malajlo, but i have already checked this: try to create a new codeunit and create only one variable (automation, microsoft word, application)...the error persists...isn't there a way to declare a blank variable?? :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    ...ok...try to do this: create a new Codeunit, declare a global variable of type automation, Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library, Application

compile (error)

cut the entire variable and paste the line in the locals.

compile.........no error!!! :-k
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • hbinkhbink Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Problem is that <varname>::MailMergeDataSourceValidate2 must be 30 or less. Because "::MailMergeDataSourceValidate2" is 30 chars long, NAV is cut the name. If you have a varname with 1 char the event name is cut to W::MailMergeDataSourceValidate. This event already exists.

If you want to use the Automation 'Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library'.Application as a GLOBAL (without events) you can do it as follows.

1) Define a short global var eg.: WA as an Automation 'Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library'.Application (With Events = No)
    2) Save object without compiling
    3) Export object as text
    4) Edit text-file and change MailMergeDataSourceValidate2 to MailMergeDataSourceVal2 (or just delete the whole event-line).

OLD:
    EVENT WA@1000000045::MailMergeDataSourceValidate2@30(Doc@1000000001 : Automation "{00020905-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} 8.4:{00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}:'Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library'.Document";VAR Handled@1000000000 : Boolean);
    BEGIN
    END;

NEW:
    EVENT WA@1000000045::MailMergeDataSourceVal2@30(Doc@1000000001 : Automation "{00020905-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} 8.4:{00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}:'Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library'.Document";VAR Handled@1000000000 : Boolean);
    BEGIN
    END;

5) Import the text and compile the object. \:D/

This methode works as long as you don't use the events [-X ! If you are using the events the object is compiling but you get a runtime-error.

Who has a solution for using 'Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library'.Application as a global with events #-o ?