How do i copy/creat field?

yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
Hi Expert,

Now,i'm trying upgrade 3.7 to 2009. Some of fields are do not exist in 2009. So i want to get 3.7 field at 2009. Because of customer is using this field at 3.7. Example .

Sales Header (Ver 3.7)
56 - Job No.

Sales Header (6.0)
Missing

How can i get missing field at 2009?

Best Regards,
Yukon
Make Simple & Easy

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You should search why this field is missing. Probably some functionality is changed and the field is not needed anymore or is saved somewhere else. Check also the upgrade toolkit objects for that field to see what happens to it.

If you REALLY need to keep it because the upgrade toolkit doesn't do anything with it, you can do other 2 ways to save:
    - or you create a new field and move it to that new field (in a range where you can create fields) and add some passes to the upgrade procedure to move the values to the new field. (I would take this road!).
    - or you can import 1 version with the field in a DB and then import the second object MERGING them. This will retain the field, but probably messing up some code. After this you need to merge both objects (with some editor or the NDT or some other tool) into the version you really need (keeping the field and fixing all the code and variables and properties). After this you can import this textfile and then you can recompile the object.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi kriki,

Thank 4 your reply. Actual we should be follow 1st method. In my case i follow 2 method. But i got error.

1. I create new db(2009) and import standard object.
    2. I export Sales Header table from 3.7.
    3. Import Sales Header 3.7 Object to 2009.

When import work sheet show, i choose Merge: Existing<-New

In this step i got error. (You declare unknow variable "Job No.").

Any idea ...?

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Try the other merge option.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!