Options

Role Tailored Client: basic drilldown set as default filter?

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
edited 2010-05-07 in NAV Three Tier
When you click on the drop down arrow next to a field in the RTC a small box is shown and by clicking on the title of one of the fields in the box you can 'set as the default filter column'.

Eg, open up a Purchase Order and click the arrow next to the Buy-from Vendor No. field. then clicking on the Name column header will change the default filter so when you type into the Buy-from Vendor No. field the list gets filtered on the Name rather than the No.

Great functionality, BUT....

Why on some of these drop down lists are there fields that are greyed out that cannot be selected as the default filter column?

I've checked the field type (normal) and that the field properties aren't any different to the ones that aren't greyed out ... all seem the same :?

I want to change a 'greyed out' one to be not greyed so I can filter by it - any ideas :?:

Comments

• Options
    ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Changing the fieldgroup in related table will solve your problem.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    Sorry, maybe I'm being slow but I'm not sure what you mean by fieldgroup? That's not a table or field property? :?
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for the info - I didn't know about the new "Field Group" fnct.

I still have a problem though - it's in the standard product...the specific details are:

Go to table 349 and look at field groups, you will see ID 1 which has Code, Dimension Code and Name in the Group.

This is fine as I want to be able to filter on Name.

BUT...

Drill-down on Shortcut Dim 1 or 2 anywhere and you'll notice the Name column is greyed out so can't be filtered on...

How can I change this column so I can filter on it ](*,)
  • Options
    ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Add name field as key then you'll be able to set it as default filter column.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    LMAO at me, of course a key will help, doh!

Thanks ever so much for helping on this one :)