Problem of new report which created from Report:108

billhwang2008billhwang2008 Member Posts: 32
Hi, experts,

I want to create a new report which can search customers' detailed sales orders in a specified time period, it has 2 filter criterias: Sell-to customer No. and Order Date

first I create it from Report:108, then modify the dataitem: Customer to Sales Header and all related settings.

now, it is working, but only a problem that it shows customer's name for every order, not like Report:108, just shows per customer's name once. If I choose "New page per Customer", one page can only show one order, even those orders belong to one customer.

Can someone please help me to fix it? I would appreciate for any reply.

Answers

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Why you've changed Customer dataitem to Sales Header? If you wanna group by customer, then you should better put Customer as first dataitem or you can group by the customer no fields in sales header.

New page property is executed for the related dataitem. So if you change customer dataitem to sales header then it will be apply to sales header.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    i think you should have take a dataitem sales header after customer and before sales line and in request form prompt user to fill order date use this order date to filter sales header. that will be quite little change.
  • billhwang2008billhwang2008 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks a lot for all replies.

Because I need to filter by "Order Date", only Customer dataitem cannot satisfy it, so I add Sales Header dateitem, but in fact, Sales Header has already contained customer's No. and name, therefore, seems to me Customer dataitem is not necessary and can simplify the interface for filtering.

thanks for any more reply!
  • billhwang2008billhwang2008 Member Posts: 32
    ufuk wrote:
    Why you've changed Customer dataitem to Sales Header? If you wanna group by customer, then you should better put Customer as first dataitem or you can group by the customer no fields in sales header.

New page property is executed for the related dataitem. So if you change customer dataitem to sales header then it will be apply to sales header.

I did it by the solution from ufuk, thanks.