Query on Requisition worksheet

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi all,

Suppose Requisition worksheet lines contain same Item (Replenishment System :: Purchase) more than one times with the same Vendor. I know that when Carry Out Action Message batch job will run it will give us a single Purchase Order with Two Purchase Lines.

But I want to create a single Purchase Line (Quantity sum-up) for that Particular Case...
Will it need any customization ? Kindly reply.
Now or Never

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    yes sure....!!!!
    have a look at codeunit no.333 and see how InsertHeader function is working do same with InsertPurchOrderLine function.
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    vijay_g wrote:
    yes sure....!!!!
    have a look at codeunit no.333 and see how InsertHeader function is working do same with InsertPurchOrderLine function.

I know that :D .
    But I'm here to know what will be the impact on Standard System ?
    Now or Never
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Thanx.
    so then you could have also know that the Requisition Line table has invocke from lot of object so better
    is create a new function(SaveAs to existing) and take modification in this.
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    edited 2010-05-09
    You could change so that you get one line in the requisition worksheet instead.
    What Reordering Policy are you using? If you use Fixed reorder qty or Lot-for-Lot then you can change Reorder Cycle to a higher value maybe a month.
    Then you'll get only one line in the req. worksheet if the demand is in that period.

Other soultions suggested will have an unwanted impact the next time you run the req. worksheet it will probbably suggest you to reschedule the purchase order to another date.
    You could change so that you get one line in the requisition worksheet instead.
    What Reordering Policy are you using? If you use Fixed reorder qty or Lot-for-Lot then you can change Reorder Cycle to a higher value maybe a month.
    Then you'll get only one line oin the req. workshhet if the demand is in that period.

Other soultions suggested will have an unwanted inpact the next time you run the req. worksheet it will probbably suggest you to reschedule the purchase order to another date.

Could you be more specific ???
    Now or Never
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Basically use the system to produce what you want.

Set up an example where you have two lines for the same item on the purchase order, now alter the item to a fixed reorder point with a reorder cycle greater than the demand dates driving the two lines - this will produce one line, covering the demand.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Dear Adams.

Thanks for your reply.

Our client have Manufacturing and they raise requisition (manualy) as per demand in the production process in their legacy System.

I want to know how Requisition Worksheet help us in this aspect ??

Thanks.
    Now or Never
    If they set the items up they would run the requisition worksheet and it would "suggest" all of the manual requisitions they are creating, they say yes and hey presto they have created all of the orders in a mere fraction of the time.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    navuser1 wrote:

I want to know how Requisition Worksheet help us in this aspect ??

a) Create the New items as Rawmaterials - RM 1 , RM 2
    b) Define the Replenishment method and Reordering Policy for rawmaterials Item
    c) Define the Reorder point Parameters
    d) Create the FG Item
    e)Define the Replenishment method and Reordering Policy for FG item
    f) Define the Reorder point Parameters For FG item
    g) Create the New sales Order for FG item

Dont update the stock for Rawmaterials.

Run the Planning work sheet ,You will come to know how can you use the Planning engine .
    Dear all,

I would like inform you that the Client does not have any Licensing permission to RUN the Planning engine on Planning Worksheet.

They can only use Calculate Plan on Requisition Worksheet.
    Now or Never
    It does not matter. The principle is item based, so you can still do it, raise production this creates the demand and the supply is defined by the item settings and you can achieve your original requirement.