Options

Blank lines in RDLC reports

andySOLTECandySOLTEC Member Posts: 36
edited 2010-05-09 in NAV Three Tier
I have been working for a number of weeks on chaning the base reports such as invoices and orders to match my customers current stationery.

On many of these reports I have encountered empty lines at the end of a table, this can usually be removed by simply hiding the row based on the content of a field, however when you also have empty rows mid-way through the data this causes major problems.

I am currently working out a total within the C/AL code and trying to output this to the report, however it comes through with an empty value as the last one, preventing me from using Last() to get the value I want.

I have used SQL Profiler to confirm that there is no blank entry at the end of the dataset, I have also run the basic Classic report and confirmed that it does not print an empty line. It seems this only happens when using the VS designer ](*,)

Has anyone else encountered this, and/or knows a way to stop this happening? [-o<

Regards
Andy

Comments

• Options
    Imranx101Imranx101 Member Posts: 21
    You mean you see empty lines on the output of the reports? Or what do you mean? What kind of reports are you talking about?
  • Options
    vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
    Hi,

If you are calculating a total on the footer section in the classic then this value will not be shown on the SSRS

the total value has to be set as hidden text field in the body of the classic report design. If this value will be shown on the footer of the SSRS then, set this value on the body section line of the SSRS namesd TxtTotal with value.

on the footer text box set value ReportItems!TxtTotal.value.

vasilis