Adobe automation

BlachBlach Member Posts: 6
Hi all

I've got a strange request from one of our customers. He's askin' if he can control his version of adobe acrobat standard (9.0) from Navision.

What he wants to do, is control his scanner. I've tried to mess around with the only dll I could find (that worked in NAV), and the only options I have with that one, is to open pdf documents and print/save these. So I'm missing the import/scan functionallity.

Anyone ever tried something like this? If so, is his version of adobe acrobat enough, or does he need to upgrade?

Hope someone can help me out to wether it's possible or not :)

PS. I've tried looking through adobes own forums, and couldn't find anything regarding this.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Not sure exactly what you searched for, but it was something like "Integrate Navision with Adobe scanner" you probably didn't find anything.

I would take it a step back and take NAV out of it. Search as if you are just writing any old software program that needs to talk to Adobe. From there you can write a wrapper class in C# that NAV can see.
  • BlachBlach Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the advice Mattrax.

I've tried to search Adobes official forums for answer to controlling the scanner from c#, without success.

Seems like it's impossible (atleast from the research I've done), and it's understandable, since Acrobat isn't a scanner program.