how to explore the fbk files

amaurys.torresamaurys.torres Member Posts: 25
hi,

i am restoring a 5.01 nav backup .

i need to know if there is a way to explore a ".fbk" file, i mean, i wish to know exactly what tables and files are included into every part of a backup ??

i am restoring a backup, it has 13 parts and there is a problem with some tables, i know problem is not in parts 1 to 12 so i wish to know exactly what tables are in the 13th part ??

thanks !

Comments

• Imranx101Imranx101 Member Posts: 21
    There is no way to explore fbk file.
  • helmhelm Member Posts: 46
    Actually there is a way, a .fbk can be opened just like a .fob using Import from the Object Designer. I don't know if it works if the .fbk is divided into several parts though. Don't have one here right now to test either.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Yes, you are right. If you import the .fbk like a .fob then you will see the objects within the backup. But that's not what amaurys.torres wants to see.
    I believe there is no way to explorer every part of a huge backup. And I think if the data is serialized in the way you assume then the backup parts won't be devided by a table no. or something like that but by the file size of a part.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."