Options

Report to show which serial number of Bin Content quantity

rajneilgrajneilg Member Posts: 2
edited 2010-05-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I have a question which I have looked on this forum for and everywhre on the net but have not been able to find the answer for. I am trying to write a report that displays the Bin Code, Item No, and Quantity from the Bin Contents table. I want to then list the serial numbers that relate to the bin that makes up the total quantity value of the Bin Content. I have got to a point where I list all the warehouse entries relating to the serial number but this obviously shows the negative and positive movements. My question is, how do i filter the serial numbers so it only shows the one that has stock against it. I had a look at the code for the Phys. Inventory list report (722) where this seems to be doing what I want to achieve. But I cannot figure out where it is filtering the serial numbers. If someone could point me in the right direction please. Any help will be much appreciated!

Raj.

Comments

• Options
    charlkcharlk Member Posts: 8
    Hi Raj,

Off the top of my head, I'd try this approach....

Under the bin contents iteration add an Item Ledger Entry iteration, filtered for Positive = Yes, and Remaining Quantity > 0, and Serial No. <> ''. By definition, you should only find one ILE record for each serial number. This step is to ensure that you're only looking for serial numbers that are actually in stock, rather than checking every serial no that has ever been put in that bin.

After you've gotten the ILE record, use a Bin Contents variable such as BinCont2. Set filters to match the bin content record you're currently reporting and set the Serial No filter based on the ILE record you're pointed to. Then CalcFields() on the qty from BinCont2. If the quantity is zero, CurrReport.SKIP since that serial no is not in that bin. If the qty is greater than zero, show the qty in the ILE section via a text box.

There might be better ways. That's just one off the top of my head.

Hope it helped.