Drop Shipment, No Auto-Post SO/PO

SonGoten13SonGoten13 Member Posts: 44
Hi,

I wanna use the Drop Shipment functionality, but without the addition that it posts my SO when i post the PO or the other way round. I would like to post the SO and PO separately.

I am trying this by commenting the part of CU80 and 90 out where the DropShptPostBuffer is filled:
                {
                DropShptPostBuffer."Order No." := PurchLine."Sales Order No.";
                DropShptPostBuffer."Order Line No." := PurchLine."Sales Order Line No.";
                DropShptPostBuffer.Quantity := PurchLine."Qty. to Receive";
                DropShptPostBuffer."Quantity (Base)" := PurchLine."Qty. to Receive (Base)";
                DropShptPostBuffer."Item Shpt. Entry No." :=
                  PostAssocItemJnlLine(DropShptPostBuffer.Quantity,DropShptPostBuffer."Quantity (Base)");
                DropShptPostBuffer.INSERT;
                }

I am using an Item with Lot-No.-Tracking. I Create a SO, then create a PO and get the lines of the SO into the PO with standard functionality. Then i put the Lot-No. to the line and ship the PO.
It seems to work after i ship the PO because the SO is untouched (i think?). But when i try to post the SO i get the following error: "Item Tracking Serial No. Lot No. XXX for Item No. YYY Variant cannnot be fully applied".
I tried to debug it, but couldn´t find the problem.

Anyone ever tried to accomplished the same and has an idea how to solve this?

I use an NAV 6.0 SP1 Classic Client AT Version (6.00.29626).

Greetings,
SonGoten

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    What costing method do you have?

If avg, the SO and PO are posted on different date will screw up your average cost calculation and your costing.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • SonGoten13SonGoten13 Member Posts: 44
    I use FIFO.
    But they should anyway be posted on the same day.
    I just would like to use the standard posting routing of the SO instead the thing with the DropShptPostBuffer, because there are Charge (Item) and/or Resource that should also be posted and the standard just posts the Items (that are marked with Drop Shipment).
    The other option, build the posting routine of the Charge (Item) and Resource in the DropShptPostBuffer-Logic, i started trying also, but i don´t always have the connection right (like over line number).
    An Idea was to always connect those extra lines over "Applied to Line No." manually to an Drop Shipment-Item Line; but i would prefer the other way.