Options

"Delete Line" feature - in Editable Subform Page

Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
edited 2011-02-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hello All,

In RTC Pages, I have created 1 Document Page and other as a sub-form of Document page.
Both are Editable from Table properties and also allowed to insert/modify/delete the records.

As in all Standard NAV RTC Pages, there is the option to Delete the Line by making Right Click on that perticular Line.

But, in my customized Page, I am unable to get that option, eventhough all required properties are setup.

Any suggestion?
Ravi_Thakkar
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    nikolaknikolak Member Posts: 20
    Delete line action is automaticaly added to the grid. It is not under users control, so I presume you don't have some parameters set, or we have a bug :D.

I'm not a CAL expert but you can try to take a look on code for page 46 - Sales Orders Subform. There the PageType is set to ListPart and there is one repeater. In general ListParts should be used for subforms with grid, and card parts for all other type of subformas.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    futurestatekarcherfuturestatekarcher Member Posts: 3
    To enable the delete funtion and other standard options you must add the tables key fields to the form. If you look at the sales order subform you will see that the Document No. and Line No. Fields were added to the subform and then made hidden and uneditable.

After adding those you will immediatley see the delete option.

I cannot make any sense out of why they are requiring this but anyway, this will fix your issue.

Kevin
  • Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    That is really strange that you only get the delete line when adding an extra 'right-click' function. I am digging around in that code these days (for adding some other feature you will see in v7 ) so I will take a look.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    Hi,
    I have been playing around some more and its even more odd. WHen I run a new page (of document type) from the object designer and then say new to create a document, I can delete lines that I add without issue. If I click actions and then edit on an existing document while funning from the object designer, I can delete the document, but the delete is not an option availiable for the lines.

I am testing to see if this behaviour persist when I run the document from the Role Tailored Client as a user.

Maybe it is only an issue if running the page from the object designer.
  • Options
    Marc_Hansen_[MSFT]Marc_Hansen_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 12
    This is a known issue.

When we build a page for view mode we do not add delete and new to the lines.
    And when changing the mode to edit these action will not be shown.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    Thank for confirming Mike! :D