Best method to integrate Web to NAV 6sp1

companycompany Member Posts: 89
edited 2010-05-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am in search of best method for integrating Web to Navision 6. We are going to develop a website for an organization in which only the employees in that organization can login (eg., 100 users) and enter or modify the details like customer etc. I came to know the three methods.

Method 1: Integrating website directly to NAV using webservices.

Method 2: Integrating website directly to NAV using web services. When ever webservice connection is gone I will store that data in web sql server database later I will transfer the data through replication / integration services in sql server. Here which method is the best option to transfer the data replication or integration services? which one and why?

Method 3: Same as second method but in place of website we will include sharepoint service like WSS or MOSS. Inside the sharepoint can we show data in web parts or whole asp page? Wht is the advantage of using WSS / MOSS?

Which one is best and is there any other best methods?

Regards.

Comments

• IsakssonMiIsakssonMi Member Posts: 77
    One way that you could do is to generate a proxy of the Nav 2009 Webservices you are using, then let your website talk to the proxy through ajax.
    You need the proxy to handle the credentionals that Nav needs.
  • companycompany Member Posts: 89
    Thanks for your reply.. Can you please provide a good reference link for that..

What is the drawback in those methods and which benifit I will get if I do through proxy

Regards.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    You can't say this is the best method or that is the best method. It depends on your needs. There are several aspects to be considered for such a big solution like safeguarding against failure, security risks, system performance, ...
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • IsakssonMiIsakssonMi Member Posts: 77
    company wrote:
    Thanks for your reply.. Can you please provide a good reference link for that..

What is the drawback in those methods and which benifit I will get if I do through proxy

Regards.

If you are going to use ASP.NET to develop your website you can connect directly to Nav's webservices, but making a proxy let you connect from other environments pretty easy by soap/ajax.

Check out Freddys Blog:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/

einsTeIn.NET has a good point, you should learn about webservice security if you're gonna publish services from Nav.