Service Management Data Migration from 4 to 5.0 Sp1

DDLDDL Member Posts: 41
Hi Experts!

Can any body giude me how to upgrade the Service Management Data from Navision 4.0 to 5.0 Sp1 ?

The Upgrade tool has migrated all the data except the Service Orders, Invoice, Posted Service Orders, Posted Service Invoice.

Is that we have to manually export and import the data or there is any other option? Please help me .

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Yes, you have to manually migrate data. There is no tool for migrating since big changes have been done.
    Afterall, you have to migrate five or so tables. I prepared code in excel (old fileds, new fileds, and then paste result in C/SIDE). It took few hours to do that.
    Major problem were open orders. So to avoid problems, post and finish as much as possible and manualy reenter open orders (in case of few dozen open orders).

First, change the migration tool not to check if any data is in "old" tables.
    Then import old tables in new version. Perhaps you should delete some code on triggers and some variables. All you need is to have data in that table.
    Upgrade database.
    Run a report to transfer history to new tables.
    Delete old data and tables (forms, reports etc. to make sure you can't reference to old objects).
  • DDLDDL Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for your Reply.
    I have one query, should i need to transfer the posted service orders to Service Shipment Tables 5989,5990,5991.

Thanks in Advance.