PDFCreator & Win Server 2008

SteveSteve Member Posts: 81
Hello All,

I have a weird problem with the PDF Creator program not working when run by the NAS.

The current install and code allows the NAS to run a report that is automated, converted by PDFCreator and email to the customer.

The process works perfect is the codeunit that the NAS runs is run by a user.
The process runs perfect is you start the job dispatcher and set a job to runs this.
The NAS will create and send text files perfectly.
The NAS will send emails perfectly.

It doens't work when

The NAS service runs a job that uses PDFCreator to create a PDF. The process hangs somewhere during the creation and the PDF is not created and the NAS requires restart.

We have tried win server 2008
UAC
Permissions

Any ideas?????
Steve

Comments

• jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Are there any windows or other UI elements that pop up during the PDF Creation process? This can even mean progress bars or status windows of the PDF generator? NAS responds VERY BADLY to these types of UI elements occurring during it's operation

I've worked with some PDF Printers in the past which caused problems when running via NAS due to their progress bars. In my case I simply modified the call to the PDF Printer so that it would print "silently" i.e. no dialogs, status update windows, etc. are displayed. This solved the run problems I was having.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • krussellmkrussellm Member Posts: 11
    Did this solution work? This post was advertised in another post as a solution to this problem but it's not marked as solved.

Thanks,

Kris