Item Tracking Lines : Interesting one, please respond...

kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
Hello Experts,

My client is using Item Tracking from the Purchase Receipt level. Its using manufacturing also, so the lot no. of the raw material will be tracked upto consumption level. Now my problem starts:

-> The client has 4 level of consumption.
-> At each level the output is a FG and will be the input of the next consumption.
i.e.
Say, Raw Material, named A (lot no.: 101) is consumed during 1st level @ location L1 and FG1 is produced as output.
So, I can trace the 101 from Purch. Rcpt to this consumption.
But now the next stage is FG1 will be the input @ 2nd level @ location L2 and FG2 will be produced.
This will continue upto four stage, so final product will be FG4.

Now, the client wants us to assign the lot no. of that raw material to each level and also it should be assigned to FG4, the final product.

First Question: Is it possible to do so????
Second Que: How much time consuming the task is???
Third: Shall I have to change the basic codes and setups of Item Tracking????
Fourth: If possible, please gimme a bit guidance or hint...!!!

Thanks,

Kashyap
Thanks,

Kashyap

Comments

• rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Hi Kashyap

I tink u need 2 ques the reason as 2 why that is required. What happens if more than 1 RM is reqd nd all are having different lot nos, which lot no wil u assign 2 the FG?
    Also why cant we generate a new lot no at each output?
    And anyways the lot no at the énd of each output wil be stored in the ILE wherin Doc no. wil be same as that of the Prod. Order no. U can always pul up a report 4om ther. Moreover no cust with this.
    Its just a thought.

Regards,
    Rajat
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Such a procedure not mapping with Nav standard so has to do custom.
    the task that client req does not seem to typical you can do it at multipal level.