Page header has no data on subsequent pages

bertmbertm Member Posts: 11
edited 2010-07-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
I'm making report in visual studio where a page header is supposed to be repeated on each page.
I placed the dataitems in a table in the details section, and in the page header sections i refer to the correct reportItem.
On the first page al the data in the header is shown.
On the subsequent pages however, no data is shown.
What is the problem?
I have added screenshots to this post.

thx

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I don't use Visual Studio so I'm taking a stab at it, basically because in almost every report writer I've ever used ie/ IQ, Crystal Rports, Old Nav Report designer, etc. there is usually a property on the header that you can set to "Print On Every Page". Chck to see if you have one & try setting to YES if it's not.

[-o<
  • bertmbertm Member Posts: 11
    thank you for your effort, but that is not it :).

If you look at the screenshots, you can see that the page header is printed on the second page, but the data that is retrieved from objects in the detail section isnt shown.
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    The standard NAV reports do some weird saving of the data that's supposed to appear in the header of the the report. I guess that means they ran into the same problem and couldn't fix it properly. (ie in a way that makes the report writer work normally.)
  • bertmbertm Member Posts: 11
    Indeed. The only way to solve this problem is to save the header data in shared objects so that the data can be used on each page of the report.
    It's not really a fast way to accomplish this, but it will do the trick.
  • petevanspetevans Member Posts: 78
    Did you find you have to use a table for the hidden data in the body?

I originally created my reports using hidden textboxes, and referencing them via ReportItems! in the header, but ran into the same issue. The "Repeat With" property changes nothing apparently, and I am wondering if I need to move the textboxes into a table for all my created reports in order to support multiple pages.
    NAVN00b
  • bonziebonzie Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

I have the same problem rpeviously but now i already have the asnwer.
    If you look at the standard report, in Header and Footer sections the original NAV use (Code.GetData) expressions.

This means you have to set the data with Code.SetData in each of your header / footer.

The easiest way is to search the Help Index from Visual Studio and write down Code.GetData

It stated there how to get these things work.

Hope this helps :)
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    Data is printed only on first page because the boxes that contain the data are printed only on first page.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]