NAV Application Server - Integrat with ThirdPartyApplication

aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
Dear All,

This isssue is realated to NAV 2009 SP1 - Application Server - Licensing

We have one NAV implementation going on and we are going to integrate Financial entries from Third Party Application to NAV 2009 SP1. There are 12 separate legal companies which are going to create in one Single Database

The Third Party Application Database is SQL. The 12 companies data to be integrated will be stored in one table in SQL Database

SQL query has to pick the company wise data from the Third Party Application SQL table and to be create in NAV SQL database by company wise

Our Team has decided to use NAV Application Server. So, we need to know how many Application Server instances required.

Do we required 12 Application Server instances to integrate the data to each company
Please provide us detailed information on NAV Application Server

Thanks

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I assume that you are partner (VAR). Thus I am sure that you have someone who understand the licensing and how the application server works.

I am sure that:

1) You know that one NAS can work with only one company at the time by default
    2) There are posts on this forum about ways how to use WebServices + NAS in NAV 2009 to work with multiple companies with only one NAS
    3) You know that if some users are interacting with the NAV system through some other applications, you need to have DCO licenses for named users accessing the data in NAV through these applications (this is discutable how it will apply on your case, not enough info right now)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
    Thanks for your reply,

Yes, I found some posts based on NAS and one of it is Job Queue for Unlimited companies viewtopic.php?t=22633

Will this solve my requirement ?
    To be specific, we had already purchase NAV license with one NAS instance and we dont want to purchase more NAS instance. The integration has to be done for 12 companies. The integration is like reading and creating the records from the One SQL DB to NAV SQL DB. Its only one way integration

If Yes Please guide me accordingly

Thank you