Margins not being set in htm output

pberbpberb Member Posts: 31
I've customized Report 10122 to have left & right margins of 0, top margin of 750, and bottom margin of 1300. E-mailing this document from the Functions menubutton on Purchase Order Form 50, creates an htm attachment on the email that, when printed from IE8, has 0.75 margins. Does anyone know how the margins on the htm document can be set to the ones specified in Report 10122?

Comments

• rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    The export to html and export to xml capabilities of Navision reports are 'checkbox features'. In there because PHBs demand them without knowing what they are. They are occasionally useful but not generalised tools.

Having said that HTML itself has nothing in it for specifying page margins, it's not a page description language it's a semantic markup language that's been bastardised with screen layout features. It's amazing it works as well as it does on screen but it, by definition, it's not supposed to say where on a printed page individual pixels are placed and has never been bastardised to do that.

If you want pixel perfect you need a PDL or image format. A favourite is PDF.
  • pberbpberb Member Posts: 31
    Thanks rdebath - what you said confirms my suspicions. PDF it is I guess.

Anyone have any good third party PDF output recommendations for NAV 5.0? I've been unable to get PDFCreator working reliably, but in the past have successfully interfaced BullZip.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    pberb wrote:
    I've been unable to get PDFCreator working reliably, but in the past have successfully interfaced BullZip.
    You have your answer then
    see here it discusses practiaclly everything invlved with PDF - The first post talks about PDFCreater & Bullzip
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18331