Report-Customer Sales by Item Category Code by Posting Date

emulsifiedemulsified Member Posts: 139
It's slipped my mind here. I have written a lot of reports but I seem to be having a mental block.

I want to write a report: Customer Sales by Posting Date Range and filterable by Item Category Code (multiple would be great) in ASCENDING order by Sales $

I'm pretty sure I'd want to create the report on the Item Ledger Entry table since it has the Item Category Code field already.

I am thinking in the right direction or is there a better way.

Thanks.
Half-empy or half-full how do you view your database?

Thanks.

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    emulsified wrote:

I'm pretty sure........

I am thinking in the right direction or is there a better way.

No need to put even single line code in this report so what could be better than it.
  • emulsifiedemulsified Member Posts: 139
    Thank you for confirming I was thinking in the right frame of mind.

Do you know of a way that I can choose more than one selection from Item Category Code drop box that is tied to Item Category Codes table?

I would assume like this: CODE1|CODE2|CODE3 and so on....

Problem I run into is I have a large list of codes I want to filter on. Trying to use a wildcard like CODE* doesn't work.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.
    I have never tried that. Do you mean the same way as if I was specifying a date range 01/20/2010..02/20/2010 ?

The dropbox is tied to the Item Category Code table as Validate YES.

When I try to enter something manually into the box like CODE* right when you click to run it I can see the field change to the first match CODE1.

I wish these dialogs and controls were more like SQL syntax. I could just say LIKE %CODE% then I would get what I want.

But the % sign is mysterious in Nav in many ways depending on what you are doing.

Would changing VALIDATE to NO make it work like a wildcard match?

Thanks.
  • klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
    If you are using Item Ledger Entries for the report, why not let them fill in the filter on the DataItem itself. You can type: *code* or Code* etc in the filter.

Or for your drop down box just do a lookupform for the Item Category and have it be text and do SETFILTER. I still would rather the base filter and add ReqFilterField for Item Category Code.
    -Lavin
    "Profanity is the one language all programmers know best."
    I don't know why I didn't think of that particular combination.

Thank you.

:D

Thanks.