Options

Garbled text in RTC report

petevanspetevans Member Posts: 78
edited 2010-04-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi.

As I was modifying an RTC Order Confirmation report, some text in the report suddenly and for no apparent reason changed to this:

BlurredTxt.gif

I wasn't even touching those text boxes. From memory, what I had done since the text showed up OK was that I had just added a footer with a double border, moved the centre picture box 2 clicks to the left, and changed setup to use the middle picture.

Tried restarting both clients, but that didn't help. I must say RTC report modification is a pretty frustrating affair for me so far.
NAVN00b

Comments

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Is the database version and the client the same version? I experience the same problem on forms (not reports) when running NAV2009 database on NAV2009SP1 client.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply.

I am just using the CRONUS from the install. It says (6-0) in database->information, but most of the objects are NAVW16.00.01, so it looks to be a SP1 database, and the client is also SP1.

Also, If that was the reason it seems funny that it would suddenly happen to only a part of the text in a report I was modifying, but not others.
    NAVN00b
  • Options
    Fixed it.

Since I messed up on backup (grr) and am having trouble replicating the error I can't confirm this 100%, but the problem seemed to be related to horizontal positioning.

I tried different things with the garbled text - moving it up and down did nothing, but moving it slightly to the left fixed it immediately. The text was so far to the right it was touching the border. So that was probably at least part of the cause. Possibly in combination with positioning in relation to other nearby boxes (these were also touching).

Should I mark this thread as "solved" even though the cause of the problem isn't clear?
    NAVN00b
  • Options
    Actually it seems to be the "label" textboxes converging into the "value" textboxes for some reason. And resizing the picture boxes in the header (Report 205) affects it.
    NAVN00b
  • Options
    So yeah, it has to do with image resizing and movement. Apparently this affects the rest of the text in the header and can cause labels to converge into their corresponding value textboxes.

Changing image from AutoSize to Fit helped.
    NAVN00b