new implement

JanAdamisJanAdamis Member Posts: 3
Dear All,

I study on university in Slovakie.
I would like to create a new database for an fictive company in NAV 5.0 SP1

if I have a database in which the objects are in there already, then I can do the settings. (G/L, Posting group etc...)

But of course the File-> New Database create an empty db.

I think I export all objects from Cronus DB then I import them to my database. (I haven't got licence problem. I can use dev licence).

This is a good solution for it?

Thanks for answer,

Jan Adamis

Comments

• MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Use demo database and there create new company, not database. Expand database.

If you are able to set up blank database to function, you should announce it here and you have a job immidiately ;)
  • JanAdamisJanAdamis Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your answer.
    If you are able to set up blank database to function, you should announce it here and you have a job immidiately ;)

You say that it's not easy, i know it.
    But i have a lot of documents about how can do the settings. I thoght i can do that but after what you say, i'm not sure it... :(

How can a Partner do an implementation? Is there any easyier solution?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    How to setup NAV is the main part of partner's know-how and only consultants with years of experiences are able to setup the DB correctly. Even than it is a job for more consultants (for different areas of functionality). But of course, the standard Cronus company is set in a way that you can use it, if it will have some meaning in real life is different thing... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    JanAdamis wrote:
    Dear All,

I study on university in Slovakie.
    I would like to create a new database for an fictive company in NAV 5.0 SP1

if I have a database in which the objects are in there already, then I can do the settings. (G/L, Posting group etc...)

But of course the File-> New Database create an empty db.

I think I export all objects from Cronus DB then I import them to my database. (I haven't got licence problem. I can use dev licence).

This is a good solution for it?

Thanks for answer,

Jan Adamis

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I think this is the best way to learn Navision. I always ask new consultants to start by trying to create a complete company from scratch.

http://wiki.dynamicsbook.com/index.php? ... NAV_skills

http://wiki.dynamicsbook.com/index.php? ... namics_NAV
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Being a student, I'm not sure if you can properly setup a database without understanding the business you're setting up the database. It does require basic business know-how and I don't believe they do a good enough job teaching that in school.

A picture is worth a thousand words, you can read all the blogs and posts you want, but nothing replaces actual work experience.