Options

Database Security

lakshmivallurulakshmivalluru Member Posts: 168
Hi,

About the secuirty, we all know that Super user has got all permissions. and we also know what to do if the Super user forgets his password. When navision database is on SQL server, then the security levels must be set on both. My question is what if super user decides to do something nasty to the database. How can we secure the database even from super user??

Did anyone try to do a daily backup of the main transactions of the business ??? or any code not to allow super user to delete permissions???

Is anybody expecting SUPER SUPER permissions set??? :roll:
LR

Comments

• Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    My question is what if super user decides to do something nasty to the database. How can we secure the database even from super user??

Better you assign super user roles to user who created the database, so he/she won't do any nasty things to his/her own database.
    I think this is a management role task in your department, how can you put this role to your personel?
    I really won't expect much for super super user role, however the roles have been classfied well in Navision.
    The super user is the highest role then you just need to give this role to trusted person.

That's all bout it.

Jemmy

[/quote]