HOLD Sales Order / Production Order

maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
Sales Order\Production Order\Transfer Order is treated as demand for planning engine (Order Planning and Planning Worksheet) in NAV.
If Ordered Item's replenishment system is Purchase then system will suggest you to create Purchase Order and if Replenishment system is Production then it will suggest you to create Production Order.
If Sales Order lines are present then system always consider it for planning. But few lines of Sales Orders are on HOLD where customer has asked to put some request on Hold
Note: These requests are not cancelled.

How can i put few sales order lines “ON HOLD”?

Same case applies to even Production Order. If I perform Batch Production means one production with huge quantity.
Due to some reason, I want to mark it as “ON HOLD”. So that planning engine doesn't create demand to Purchase Raw materials.
Note: “Block” field on Production order will not serve the purpose because it is meant to bock posting of consumption\output.

Any functional Suggestions or development?

Best Regards,
Mahesh
Best Regards,
Mahesh Jain
mahesh@reliconservices.com

Comments

• j.marseloj.marselo Member Posts: 102
    such function as your question is not available by standard.

if you prefer not to modify, here is one idea how to approach:
    the production order, if the order is on-hold, you can delete the prod. order.
    the sales order, you can save archive for current order outstanding, then delete the SO. once the customer want to continue the order, you can restore from sales order archive.
    Kind regards, Joe Marselo | see my NAV blog joemarselo.wordpress.com | twitter @joemarselo
  • maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    I already thought such options.

Modifying\deleting Sales Order will not be acceptable by any client and it is not logical also. This will result in modification\deletion of original Order (contract) and I'll not be able to generate correct Order summary report.
    Production order can't be deleted once any single entry is posted. So this is just out of question.

I'm thinking that why Microsoft didn't give this feature when planning engine was built. Is there any logical reason?

How can we customize NAV to accomodate this feature?
    Pls throw some idea, if someone has already done such changes.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
  • j.marseloj.marselo Member Posts: 102
    mahesh wrote:
    Production order can't be deleted once any single entry is posted. So this is just out of question.
    if that's the case, that situation means you already run the MRP. correct? you only need to click on 'Block'.
    the problem is more when you have not run the MRP and you want to prevent the engine to calculate, isn't it?
    Modifying\deleting Sales Order will not be acceptable by any client and it is not logical also. This will result in modification\deletion of original Order (contract) and I'll not be able to generate correct Order summary report.
    if archiving is not your choice, you can do other option. copy sales order to quote, or copy sales order to blanket. at anytime, you can easily restore from quote or blanket to sales order. with this, your modification is minimum and isolated, only on customer order report, where you need to broaden the tableview to include quote or blanket, or as your design.
    How can we customize NAV to accomodate this feature?
    Pls throw some idea, if someone has already done such changes.
    if you already implemented the business process, you will be able to tell how do you run the process to calculate the requirement? By having a clear and distinct process flow, you can actually decide yourself in which step you would modify. Whether in Order Planning, or Planning Worksheet, or Requisition Worksheet, there is no exact 123 guide on this matter.
    Kind regards, Joe Marselo | see my NAV blog joemarselo.wordpress.com | twitter @joemarselo
    Thanks marselo.
    j.marselo wrote:
    the problem is more when you have not run the MRP and you want to prevent the engine to calculate, isn't it?
    Yes.
    j.marselo wrote:
    copy sales order to quote, or copy sales order to blanket. at anytime, you can easily restore from quote or blanket to sales order.
    :o i can't dare to think this. I'll be in gr8 trouble.

more readers??
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Pretty Simple actually

Delete out the planned date fields on the rows that are on HOld IF its on hold these dates are meaningless anyway.

I had a 2009 cronus field I kept a future date in requested delivery date field but deleted out the planned delivery date field, planned shippment date field and shipping date field. The MRP then did not calculate the order in its next refresh.

You can probably see which field(s) need to be deleted and what can be kept by deleteing and keep combinations, You can set a particular date that everyone should know means ON hold. EG 2999
    I have tried this also.
    Deleted all dates Planned Delivery Date, Requested Delivery, Promised Delivery Date, shipment Date, planned shipment date etc.....
    if you delete all dates, it will take Order Date as input to planning engine.. I also tried this on Cronus DB.
    Are you sure?
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I Kept a a long of future date 2015-01-01 in requested delievery date and deleted the others, I only did this to a sales order not a production order.

SO on the order planning based off all demand and calculate plan this sales order line did not reappear after date deletion of dates.

I ran planning worksheet to include date range into the future this order was also not seen.

I was in nav 2009 sp1 cronus, so i haven't tried it on other versions.