There are more than 65000 rows within the filters.

manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
Hi,
I am getting this error on classic client Nav 2009 SP1,when i am using the Financial Managment > General Ledger > Analysis & Reporting > Analysis by Dimensions > Function > Export to Excel.

"There are more than 65000 rows within the filters. Excel only allows up to 65000 rows.You can either narrow the filters or choose a higher Date Compression value on the Analysis View"

I am having Excel 2007 with 1048576 rows,still i get this error.
65000 Rows was the limitation for Office XP.

I have debug this error & in Codeunit 424 Export Analysis View,this function CheckNoOfRows is execuited.
If i change the CheckNoOfRows from 65000 to 1048576 then its working fine.

Is it correct to make the code change or to report this as a BUG.
Regards,
Manish

Answers

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I think it's an old check regarding to Excel 2003. Excel 2007 doesn't have this limitation.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    yea,its kinda old.
    But this kind of old things must have been taken care of when there is a version upgrade or is there any reason to keep this.
    Lets see..
    Regards,
    Manish
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Even if you use NAV 2009 there is no need to use Excel 2007. Thus it could still be necessary to check it.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    could be.
    But i have commented the check code,as we have large gl entries for analysis purpose. :mrgreen:

any how thanks dear.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!