Unable to relogin into Navision classic

engsiong75engsiong75 Member Posts: 143
Hi

I have a user whose PC is able to launch Navision Classic NAV2009 SP1. However, after they launch Navision, they find that they are not able to restart the program.

The user has to reboot the PC to get it to work. The error message is "The Operating system cannot access to the file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ARTFRIEND.000\Local Settings\Temp\_Temp_3107F7B3861D452AAC3153757948FF8.tmp"

I know this is more of a PC problem than a Navision problem per se but I want to have some idea what is wrong before I tell them to reformat the PC or something. I know my user will never accept this resolution without some idea what is wrong.

Thank you,

Tan Eng Siong

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]

This is a very strange error.
    Some questions:
    How does the user close NAV?
    Is the user administrator/poweruser/something else on his PC?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• engsiong75engsiong75 Member Posts: 143
    How does the user close NAV?
    >>The user logout by clicking on the Exit button on the top right hand corner.

Is the user administrator/poweruser/something else on his PC?
    >>Yes. The user is using the network administrator account.
  • qkambaleqkambale Member Posts: 37
    Un install and re-install NAV on the said machine... :)
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Check that the user has full control on their temp directory.
  • engsiong75engsiong75 Member Posts: 143
    I have not tried reinstalling but so far, even giving full rights to the folder does not help. I also found out the issue is not so straight-forward. Everytime the program fails, there is a temp file created. The question is why does Navision create the temp file in the first place. If the program succeeds in launching, there is no temp file created.
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Nav Classic uses lots of temp files, it creates them every time the code uses a temporary table. But usually the only time it has a problem is with the race condition on startup if you start two copies of the client at once.

Looking at your message again I don't think that filename is built like the normal Nav temp files. Do you have any modification that use automation objects? Perhaps the automation is failing and killing the client when it does.