Options

Matrix page

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2010-04-21 in NAV Three Tier
hi everyone, today i have had to give up on designing a matrix page, can anyone suggest me a simple example?i tried with dimension combinations, but i guess it's not the simplest to begin. I remember some blog posts, but i couldn't find them anymore. Note: i don't want to transform a form, but i want to create the matrix page from scratch.
Thanks in advance to everyone
I got it by myself...the secret are the field triggers!ahah!b*****d matrixes!!! 8)
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• Options
    hi everyone, i've got a problem with my matrix: i've done this simple matrix to show the same values both on rows and columns. The logic of the matrix works perfectly but if i click on "next" button, something strange happens:
    "untitled" picture is the normal matrix when opening it, the "untitled 2" picture is the same matrix after pressing next some times.
    The last columns (thus the values 1020,1021,1022 etc.) does not exists in the database at all, so i don't know where in the hell they are retrieved.
    I copied the matrix from the dimension combinations page, if you want i can post the text object.
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    What's the functionality of the matrix page & its base.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    it's based on a custom table, the same field for both rows and columns. the functionality is to insert a row or delete a row in another table, but believe me, the functionality is pointless because what i do is just to open the page and click on next dome times. i know that it's hard to say something based on 2 screenshots, but this is an add-on numbering matrix, and even if i post the text obj, you won't be able to use them...
    Here's what i call under the next button...
    RecRef.GETTABLE(MatrixRecord);

IF ShowColumnName THEN
      MATRIX_CaptionFieldNo := 20
    ELSE
      MATRIX_CaptionFieldNo := 10;

MatrixMgm.GenerateMatrixData(RecRef,SetWanted,MaximumNoOfCaptions,MATRIX_CaptionFieldNo,PrimaryKeyFirstCaptionInCurrSe,
                                 MATRIX_CaptionSet,MATRIX_ColumnSet,MATRIX_CurrSetLength);

CLEAR(MatrixRecords);
    MatrixRecord.SETPOSITION(PrimaryKeyFirstCaptionInCurrSe);
    CurrentMatrixRecordOrdinal := 1;
    REPEAT
      MatrixRecords[CurrentMatrixRecordOrdinal].COPY(MatrixRecord);
      CurrentMatrixRecordOrdinal := CurrentMatrixRecordOrdinal + 1;
    UNTIL (CurrentMatrixRecordOrdinal = ARRAYLEN(MatrixRecords)) OR (MatrixRecord.NEXT <> 1);

CurrPage.MatrixForm.FORM.Load(MATRIX_CaptionSet,MatrixRecords,ShowColumnName);
    //THAT IS
    COPYARRAY(MATRIX_ColumnCaption,MatrixColumns1,1);
    COPYARRAY(MatrixRecords,MatrixRecords1,1);
    ShowColumnName := _ShowColumnName;

MatrixMgm variable is standard codeunit "Matrix Management"
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    [-o< sorry for upping this post (this is the last time, i promise), but i don't really know where to bang my head...if i have to add something to the explanation, just tell me...thank you so much
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Well, the problem is """""solved""""" (a lot of double quotes)
    i mean that the standard dimension combination page does the same joke...i'll report it to MS asap, and i'll let you know...bye!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog