ILE reduce size

LionLion Member Posts: 39
Hello

I have problem with my client. He work 24 hours per day and now size his database is 70 gigs but "Item ledger entry" and "Value entry" has 50 gigs. I compress all data (before compress this database has 120 gigs), but in NAV 4 SP3 i don't find report to compress Item ledger entry. Size of this dabase is not problem but I don't have time to do maintenance srpits (I have only 5 hours in sunday), also some times inventory adjustment script back to old data and work fiew hours and in this time any user can't work. Please help me, I don't know haw can I reduse size this two tables, or what can I do to speed up Navision.

Thanks for help
Regards,
Maciej Rutkowski

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Search for Optimization, performance etc.

How many entries are there in the tables? What is the table size and size per record (find this in File-> Database -> Information -> Tables).

My guess is that there are a lot of keys and SIFT tables. If you search the forum you'll find a lot of info of how to proceed.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    and...do not compress ILE!!it can cause problems with inventory (don't ask me what problems, i'm not a functional...but i've heard that that procedure is crappy)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Belias wrote:
    and...do not compress ILE!!

My personal view on this is that with a properly tuned database (Server Setup / Hardware / Keys / SIFT / NAV code reviewing etc.) there is no need to use this procedure.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    yes, me too...
    we usually tell the customer that compression is bad...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    So, there are several posts about tuning nav.

first question:
    SQL or native
    exist there are maint. jobs on the server
    are there some customized code
    is ist "only" the inventory adjustment that makes the problems?
    is it NAV4.03 with which HF :?:
    Is there an indexhinting or recompile :?:
    How did you test, why it is so slow.
    Do u run the inventory adjustment with every post or only at night (in a batch job per NAS) ?

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!